Mastercard, TRIWA and Fidesmo Launch Smart WearablesFebruary 26, 2019 | By Rose Beaumont
TRIWA and Fidesmo launch “Tapster” – a wearable in which the user connect it’s Mastercard for contactless payments. Stjärnurmakarna will be the first reseller of Tapster, which at first will be sold in a limited beta version for early-bird consumers.
Since the end of 2017, TRIWA and Fidesmo have collaborated to develop wearables with payment solutions. Now it’s time to launch the commecial pilot of the product Tapster – a wearable that enables a tap and pay experience by easily connecting your Mastercard. The integrated NFC-chip, linked to Fidesmo’s platform, provide the analog wearable with seamless services.
- TRIWA stands for Transforming the Industry of Watches. Tapster is a result of our vision where we, together with Fidesmo, have brought new technology to the traditional watch, without compromising with the design. We will become one of the first to launch a wearable that offers this kind of payment solution, and we’re proud to offer our customers the payment methods of the future, says Ludvid Scheja, Co-founder and Creative Director at TRIWA.
- Two prioritised areas that Stjärnurmakarna currently are working with are digitalization and how to best meet the needs of the customer of the future. Therefore, it is of large importance to be in the forefront when it comes to new products and services. We firmly believe in user friendly technology being packaged in a tasteful way, such as the wearable developed by TRIWA and Fidesmo, says Peter Simonsson, CEO Stjärnurmakarna.
At the launch, Tapster payments will be possible for customers with cards issued by SEB (except SEB Maestro), Eurocard and cards issued by SEB Kort AB and their partners*.
- We’re pleased over the fact that our customers will become first to be offered easy and secure payments by wearables with a traditional-looking design from TRIWA, says Peter Hjelm, Head of Strategic Development on SEB Kort AB.
Fidesmo, whose platform is integrated with Mastercard, makes it possible for users to connect their Mastercard easily and securely to the wearable.
- Mastercard always strive to offer customers the most innovative and smooth payment solutions. Swedish consumers adapt new technique quickly and have high demands on safety and flexibility. The collaboration with Fidesmo is an important part of our work to develop payment solutions of the future and to offer services that are both safe, easy and flexible for users, says Mats Taraldsson, Head of Digital Business Development & Fintech Engagements at Mastercard in the Nordics and Baltics.
- We see an increasing demand for alternatives to the traditional payment methods. Fidesmo makes it possible for watch brands, such as TRIWA, to meet this demand, and we are proud to launch Tapster together with TRIWA, says Mattias Eld, CEO and Co-founder Fidesmo.
Payments made with Fidesmo-enabled wearables use a tokenization technology delivered by Mastercard Digital Enablement Service (MDES), which ensures the highest level of security. In setting up a wearable, MDES generates a digital token, a unique number different from the actual card number, assigned to each registrated device. This means it cannot be used for transaction through any other device. For consumers and retailers, every purchase made with a Mastercard through Fidesmo, entail same benefits and guarantees as a transaction made with a physical Mastercard.
About the launch
As of Friday, March 1st, a limited number of Tapsters will be available at Stjärnurmakarna in Sturegallerian for those who want to be first to try out the product. Initially, Tapster is launched in a smaller edition and customers are welcome to leave feedback on the product and the user experience.
* SAS Eurobonus Mastercard, Nordic Choice Mastercard, Saab Mastercard, Opel Mastercard, Circle K Mastercard, NK Nyckeln Mastercard, Finnair Plus Mastercard, SJ Prio Mastercard, Globecard, INGO Mastercard, Wallet Mastercard.
Mastercard (NYSE: MA), www.mastercard.com, is a technology company in the global payments industry. Our global payments processing network connects consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Mastercard products and solutions make everyday commerce activities – such as shopping, traveling, running a business and managing finances – easier, more secure and more efficient for everyone. Follow us on Twitter @MastercardNews, join the discussion on the Beyond the Transaction Blog and subscribe for the latest news on the Engagement Bureau.
For more information, please contact:
Director Communications, Mastercard
+46 70 3173545
Ludvig Scheja, Co-founder & Creative Director, TRIWA
+46 709 94 83 87
Mattias Eld, CEO & Co-founder, Fidesmo
+46 730 78 73 07
+46 705 11 00 01