Mastercard at Smart City Expo World Congress: Experience the Power of City PossibleNovember 12, 2019 | By Bernhard Mors
A year ago, Mastercard launched the City Possible global network to enable cities, companies and communities to work together to advance inclusive and sustainable urban development.
City Possible has made great strides to help cities #MakeTechWorkForPeople by applying the company’s best assets: innovative partnerships, leading edge technology and critical data insights, to solve urgent urban challenges raised by the community. Convening City leaders for a series of knowledge sharing events across the globe in partnership with Harvard TECH, has resulted in innovative solutions that can make a meaningful impact:
- We introduced Mastercard City Key at the US Conference of Mayors in Honolulu: A platform that combines identification, access to city services and payment functionalities in one tool to provide residents and visitors with greater convenience and security, while helping local government find efficiencies in their operations and maximize taxpayer dollars.
- We expanded our best-in-class transit solutions to over 200 cities and partnered with Kisio to co-create a Mobility-as-a-Service (MaaS) platform that fully integrates with local transit authorities. Demonstrating that a collaborative effort is the best approach to easing transit congestion and improving traveler experiences.
At this year’s Smart City Expo World Congress (SCEWC) in Barcelona (Nov 19-21), Mastercard will showcase how we are making urban life more inclusive by tapping into the superpower of collaboration. We will convene partners from the public, private, nonprofit, and academic communities to bring to life the City Possible vision through a series of tech talks, workshops, and case studies.
True to the collaborative spirit of City Possible, Mastercard will premiere a unique partnership with SCEWC to create an immersive “Plaza” that is an official feature of the conference program.
Over three days, the City Possible Plaza will feature city, industry and community leaders to share their vision in a series of on-stage conversations.
In addition, Mastercard executives will participate in a number of congress sessions:
Tuesday, November 19th:
- 10:30 – 11:30am: Miguel Gamiño, executive vice president enterprise partnerships and head of global cities will participate in a plenary session on “Our greatest challenge: Making a more inclusive urban world” (Main Auditorium).
- 4:00 – 4:45pm: Jody Barnett, vice president enterprise partnerships, will lead a solutions talk on “Facing social challenges and building inclusive cities” (Expo Area, Central District Agora).
Wednesday, November 20th:
- 11:00am – 1:15pm: Nic Villa, senior vice president for strategic growth will join a panel on “Co-cities: the strength of collective intelligence” (Governance & Finance Room).
- 12:30 – 13:00pm: Carlos Menendez, president of enterprise partnerships will join a Tech Talk on “Pioneering New Urban Partnerships” (Expo Area, City Possible Plaza).
If you are attending Smart Cities Expo World Congress, visit the City Possible Plaza located in hall 2 (space #B300). To schedule interviews or booth tours, please contact email@example.com.
Follow us for updates on Twitter @MastercardNews & @CityPossible.