Mastercard at Women in Payments: Advocating for WomenMay 15, 2018 | By Beth Kitchener
Mastercard continues to celebrate the achievements, innovation and leadership of women by sponsoring Women In Payments, May 14 and 15 in Washington D.C. Themed “The Speed of Change,” this year’s conference provides industry insights and professional advice on trends ranging from cross border ecommerce; diversity and gender parity, faster payments and the rise of the gig economy.
Mastercard voices will be raised in advocacy for women throughout the conference:
Monday, May 14
- 7:00 p.m.: Laurie Waligurski, SVP, Strategic Program Management, was be honored with a 2018 Women in Payments Award.
- Pilar Ramos and Sherri Haymond participated in the event’s mentorship auction.
Tuesday, May 15
- 9:45am: Raj Seshadri, President, U.S. issuers, will participate in an executive panel discussion with Eve Aretakis, ACI Worldwide; Carol Grunberg, Ant Financial/Alipay; Kathryn Petralia, Kabbage, Inc.; and Rebecca Romero Rainey ICBA on women in the workforce.
- 11:15 a.m.: Andrea Gilman, senior vice president, product management, will debate the Faster Payments Governance Framework: Why It’s Necessary and How the Industry Can Get Involved with Connie Theien, Federal Reserve and Jan Estep of NACHA.
- 4:15 p.m. Cheryl Guerin, executive vice president of marketing and communications, will offer a closing keynote address on what “The Speed of Change” means in a constantly evolving industry.