BOB Financial and Mastercard launch four new variants of Bank of Baroda Credit CardSeptember 30, 2020
Credit solutions to cater to affluent, new-to-credit, and professionals like chartered accountants and cost accountants
BOB Financial Solutions Ltd. (BFSL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda (BoB) is gearing up to meet the needs of evolving customer and market requirements. Today along with Mastercard, BFSL launched four new credit cards catering to its customers across segments, including affluent as well as the first-time credit card owners. Two other credit cards are launched with eminent professional institutions of the country.
Below are more details about the suite:
- Eterna – On the World Mastercard program, Eterna will cater to the distinctive needs of the NBFC’s affluent customers. It will be offered to customers part of the Radiance program of Bank of Baroda, as well as other affluent customers within and outside BoB
- Swavlamban – This card redefines “by Invitation only”, as it targets the low-income employees of select corporates and SMEs which have a banking relationship with BoB. Swavlamban will be an invitation only product in the initial phase
- Two co-branded cards in partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and the Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI). These will be offered exclusively to Chartered Accountants and Cost and Management Accountants respectively
This launch is an extension of over 25-year-old partnership between Mastercard and BFSL. While each product has separate features and benefits, in a nutshell, Bank of Baroda credit card customers will enjoy the following:
- Travel Benefits – Complimentary airport lounge access and savings on international spends with reduced Forex mark-up of 2%
- Shopping Benefits – Accelerated reward points on transacting online, for bill payments and on dining
- Rewards on activation and spends – Cashback in form of reward points on first transaction done within activation period, and bonus reward points on reaching defined spends thresholds
- Insurance Benefits – Personal accident death cover (air and non-air)
- Welcome gift – Joining gift worth ₹15000 on select products
Detailed product-wise information will soon be uploaded on company website www.bobfinancial.com.
The new credit cards also aim to revive the economic cycle by providing the much-needed liquidity to new-to-credit salaried customers (with the Swavlamban card) and help them join the cashless journey. It also provides several avenues of handpicked experiences to BFSL’s affluent customers through the Eterna credit card, and unprecedented features and benefits for CAs and CMAs, in recognition of their contribution towards building a modern and self-reliant India.
Ever since the outbreak of Covid-19 pandemic, BFSL together with Mastercard has focussed on building or revamping the technology that brings simplicity and convenience to their customers as they look for safe and secure payments, online as well as at PoS machines.
Additionally, BFSL has also partnered with Fiserv for digitising customer servicing and with Signzy for digital customer on-boarding through video KYC.
Talking about the launch, Shailendra Singh, MD & CEO, BOB Financial Solutions Limited said, “We have entered this year with a clear vision and with the launch of these four products, we have achieved a key business goal. Not only BFSL but all industries currently are going through a big wave of change, and these unprecedented times have fuelled many aspirations if we look at it positively.”
He further added, “it is heartening to see how customers of all ages with varied backgrounds are tackling the new normal with new hopes and ready to explore new opportunities. Our existing and the new products are fully equipped to help them with their aspirations and am quite confident that we shall welcome many new members in our BFSL family, this year and henceforth.”
Emphasizing upon Mastercard’s long standing partnership with BFSL, Porush Singh Division President, South Asia, Mastercard said, “Mastercard is committed to develop safe, secure, and more convenient ways to make payments with our technology and expertise. The company is excited to partner with BFSL as they launch these differentiated products targeted for the affluent and professionals. We have worked closely with them to offer a range of financing solutions and build awareness about convenience, safety, and security of digital payments. We aim to further strengthen our partnership with BFSL and provide best-in-class solutions for their customers in the coming days.”
How to Apply? Visit www.bobfinancial.com
About BOB Financial Solutions Limited
BOB Financial Solutions Limited was established in the year 1994. It is a Non-Banking Financial Company, wholly owned by Bank of Baroda, one of the top banks of India. The Company’s primary business is in credit cards with its key differentiator being simple, easy-to-understand products that are fairly priced and efficiently serviced.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.