SMALL BUSINESSES AND LARGE RETAILERS ARE TURNING TO MOBILE POINT-OF-SALE TO INCREASE SALES AND BROADEN THEIR CUSTOMER BASE
Merchants that have never accepted card payments and previously operated on a cash and invoice only basis are turning to Mobile POS to increase their sales and expand their customer base. Existing large retailers are also adopting Mobile POS solutions and integrating them into their current point-of-sale environment to enhance the retail and payment experience.
Mobile devices are increasingly being used by merchants of all sizes as Point-of-Sale terminals. In order to promote this new and innovative avenue for payments, MasterCard introduced the Mobile POS Program to ensure safe, simple and smart transactions when consumers use their debit, credit and prepaid cards at Mobile POS.
The program allows solution providers to register their Mobile POS solutions according to Industry Standards and the MasterCard Mobile POS Best Practices Guide. Participation in the program is free of charge. The result is a comprehensive list of Mobile POS solutions that are best in class and ready to be deployed.
Differentiation with Support from a Trusted Brand – As the number of Mobile POS solutions increases, the need to stand out from the crowd becomes even more important. Leverage the support of MasterCard's trusted brand to assure customers that your solution meets the highest Industry Standards and MasterCard Mobile POS Best Practices.
Partnership and Increased Business Opportunities – As a MasterCard Mobile POS registered solution provider, your company may have an opportunity to partner with MasterCard on global and local Mobile POS initiatives. MasterCard may recommend your solutions for projects around the world.
Updates on Industry Trends – Receive periodic updates and newsletters on regulations, rules, and trends in this ever-changing industry.
Promotion at Trade Shows – Your solution(s) can be demonstrated by MasterCard at a number of global trade shows and conferences as a feature Mobile POS Solution(s).
Exposure on MasterCard's Website – Your solution(s) will be listed on the official MasterCard website which is frequented by issuers, acquirers, merchants and customers.
REGISTER YOUR SOLUTION(S) IN FOUR EASY STEPS
Request Enrollment Form
To enroll, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Agree to Legal Terms
We will send you a brief legal agreement to sign and send back.
Submit Completed Form
Upon receipt of the signed agreement, we will send you a self-certification form to complete.
We will review the completed registration form and if your MPOS solution meets the criteria specified it will be listed on our website.
See the Benefits Mobile POS creates for Merchants
See What Solution Providers Had to Say About MasterCard’s Mobile POS Program
MasterCard Mobile POS Best Practices Guide
Merchants are embracing Mobile POS technology, and are looking to Mobile POS providers for solutions that meet their needs. Without clear guidance from the electronic payments industry, it is difficult for these providers to understand the nuances and develop products that stand-out from the crowd.
- Securing Mobile POS Payment Applications
- Securing Transaction Data Captured by a Mobile POS Card Reader Accessory
- Securing Personal Account Numbers (PANs)
- EMV Chip Transactions
- Display of the MasterCard Acceptance Mark
- Merchant Information
- Cardholder Verification Methods (CVM)
DID YOU KNOW?
Mobile in retail is now a $5.7 billion business worldwide. It is the single fastest moving trend in retail since Internet was added to stores.*
MasterCard Mobile POS Resources
This page is designed specifically for the Mobile POS community. Here you will find our newsletter and other resources and papers that are distributed periodically and intended to keep you updated and informed about the latest Mobile POS developments and activity at MasterCard.
- MasterCard Mobile POS Registered Solutions - View all current solutions registered in the MasterCard Mobile POS Program
- MasterCard Mobile POS Best Practices Guide - Best Practices for the development and deployment of Mobile POS acceptance solutions
- MasterCard Mobile POS Certification - A high level overview of the certifications required for Mobile POS solutions
- MasterCard Advisors Paper - Expanding Card Acceptance through Small Merchants Globally through Mobile POS
- MasterCard Mobile POS Newsletter
- o NEW - May, 2014 – Featuring Mobile POS Updates and Contactless Mobile Solutions
- o June, 2013 – Featuring News and Business Rules Changes
- Mobile POS Fast Facts
- o June 2014 - View the First in Series of 'Quick Facts' released by MasterCard, highlighting interesting MPOS findings
- o September 2015 –This “Fast Facts” release is based on transaction data from the MPOS Indicator from the first half of 2015
- MasterCard Mobile POS Acquirer Go to Market Guide - Recommendations for a successful Mobile POS go to market strategy
For any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com
DID YOU KNOW?
During 2011-2012, the global Mobile POS industry registered significant growth in terms of the volume of terminals in operation, registering an annual growth of 111%.*
MasterCard & payleven
Watch the video to see payleven merchants discussing the benefits of card acceptance. Mobile POS solutions allow small businesses to increase their sales and customer base by accepting card payments with a flexible and low-cost solution.
Skin Care and Body Therapy Salon
Courtney Shaw Skin Care and Body Therapy, a beauty salon in South Africa, completely eliminates bad debt by accepting card payments with a smart phone and an iKhokha Edge Mobile POS solution.
Sippy Medicals, a pharmacy in India, delivers better service and bigger orders to the customers doorsteps using a Mobile POS solution from Spire Payments.
More to explore
MOBILE POS BEST PRACTICES ANNOUNCEMENT
MOBILE POS BEST PRACTICES
Guidance and best practices for solution providers and merchants
THE FUTURE OF PAYMENTS
Join the Cashless Conversations
MASTERCARD MOBILE PAYMENTS READINESS INDEX
Look at mobile adoption around the world–where does your country rank?