There are a number of important basic things to take into consideration
when you are planning to accept chip cards.
Get More Information About Training Your Staff
Learn About the Additional Benefits of Chip Technology
- Contact your acquirer to discuss and plan chip acceptance.
- Talk to equipment and systems suppliers early.
- Check with trade associations to find out how you can participate
in chip programmes in your market.
- Create a deployment schedule that includes plenty of time for
system purchase, testing and staff training. (Remember, everyone else
will probably be upgrading at the same time.)
- Update your checkout procedures and infrastructure, then train
- NOW YOU’RE READY TO GO. Consider opportunities for competitive advantage. New value-added, chip-based applications such as personalized service at the POS are now possible. Work with your acquirer to see how you and your suppliers can make the most of these new applications