Where you can use it
MasterCard can be used in many stores, restaurants, hotels, airlines, car rental agencies, petrol stations, and other locations worldwide. In fact, MasterCard is accepted at millions of locations around the globe.
How to know if an establishment accepts MasterCard
Check for the MasterCard® logo, which is usually displayed prominently. If you do not see the MasterCard logo, ask if the card is accepted.
Shopping safely online with MasterCard
MasterCard continues to implement and enforce strict security features for online shopping. In addition, here are steps you can take.
- Check the seller's reputation.
- Learn as much as you can about companies or individuals before you do business with them.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau and consumer agencies to find out about complaints.
- See if the seller's website has a feedback forum where other people who have done business with the seller can put information about their experience with that seller.
- Ask your friends about their favourite online merchants.
- Stay vigilant. Just because a seller has no complaints or a good reputation doesn't guarantee that things will go smoothly for you.
To learn more about an organization:
- Check their website for a feedback page where customers can offer complaints or praise.
- Ask others about online merchants and other organizations that they've dealt with.
Handling merchant problems
In some circumstances, you have the right to return goods and to withhold payment for unsatisfactory merchandise or services. Contact your card issuer to discuss the issue and determine the proper action.