Your MasterCard makes it easier for you to pay for your daily expenses such as everyday and internet shopping, eating out in cafés and restaurants and getting petrol for your car. It's quick, safe and convenient to pay with a MasterCard and you can choose from a variety of flexible card solutions. Ask advice from a bank or a financial institution and get a MasterCard responding to your needs.
Where you can use it
MasterCard can be used in many stores, restaurants, hotels, airlines, car rental agencies, petrol stations, and other locations worldwide. In fact, with more than 32 million acceptance locations worldwide, no card is more accepted.
Handling merchant problems
In some circumstances, you have the right to return goods and to withhold payment for unsatisfactory merchandise or services. Contact your card issuer to discuss the issue and determine the proper course of action.
Shopping safely online with MasterCard
MasterCard continues to implement and enforce strict security features for online shopping. In addition, here are steps you can take.
- Check the seller's reputation
- Learn as much as you can about companies or individuals before you do business with them
- Check with consumer agencies to find out about complaints
- See if the seller's Web site has a feedback forum where other people who have done business with the seller can put information about their experience with that seller
- Stay vigilant. Just because a seller has no complaints or a good reputation doesn't guarantee that things will go smoothly for you
- Before entering card details, look for the padlock symbol and for MasterCard SecureCode™ sign as an endorsement of retailer’s security
To learn more about an organisation
- Check their Web site for a feedback page where customers can offer complaints or praise
- Ask others about online merchants and other organisations that they've dealt with
How to know if an establishment accepts MasterCard
Check for the MasterCard logo, which is usually displayed prominently. If you do not see the MasterCard logo, ask if the card is accepted.