A new way for you to carry and manage your travel money
Looking for a way to carry your travel money more safely? That's more convenient than using travellers cheques? And that keeps your travel funds separate from all your other money?
MasterCard has the answer for you: prepaid travel cards. Prepaid travel cards offer you an easier way to handle the money you set aside for travel. All you'll need to do to get one is provide proof of your identity and your address. What's even better is no credit checks, and no lengthy application process.
And, unlike cashing travellers cheques, you don't need your passport when you get your money. You can also reload your card as you travel. Plus, if your card is lost or stolen, it's not at all like losing cash*. Most travel card issuers will provide you with an emergency card, or emergency cash, whilst you are travelling.
You can use your MasterCard® or Maestro® Prepaid Travel Card to withdraw cash worldwide, from any ATM that displays the same Brand Mark that's shown on your card.
Prepaid travel card features at-a-glance:
- Most cards are available instantly, and all can be used immediately
- More secure than cash or travellers cheques
- Easy to load and reload – via cash, direct bank transfer, using a debit or credit card, by telephone or over the internet
- Perfect for individuals who want to minimise security risks* and the hassles of using paper travellers cheques
- Internet access to balance, account information, and transaction history
- Can be used at millions of locations worldwide
To find answers to frequently asked questions, click here.
Are you a Business user?
Looking to streamline business travel operations to improve efficiency, reduce costs and concentrate on your core business? Download the information sheet to learn more about the MasterCard® Business Prepaid Travel Card Programme and its many benefits.
*A lost or stolen card can be stopped and the balance transferred to a replacement card. Terms & conditions apply.