NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: This sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is only open to natural persons who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and age 18 or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors and officers of MasterCard International Incorporated ("Sponsor") and/or its subsidiaries and affiliated companies, retailers, distributors, advertising, promotion, or production agencies ("Released Parties") and members of their respective immediate family (spouse and parent, children and siblings and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, are not eligible to enter or win. This sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and is void where prohibited.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Two ways to enter during the Promotion Period:
- Visit MasterCard http://newsroom.mastercard.com/blog/ and enter your email address and post a submission via the comment section beneath the blog post "Are You Using Cash Less?" which answers the question "I find myself using cash less because…" ("Submission"). You will receive one (1) entry into the sweepstakes for an eligible Submission. Valid email address is required to enter. Submissions will not be judged. Submissions must be no more than seventy-five (75) words, must be in English and must comply with the Content Guidelines specified herein.
3. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes will begin at 10:30:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on May 3, 2012 and ends 5:00:00 pm ET on May 16, 2012 (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received by MasterCard during the Promotion Period. Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. All entries submitted become the sole property of MasterCard and will not be returned. Online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the registered subscriber of the e-mail account/Twitter account from which the entry is made. Entries generated by a script, macro or other automated means are prohibited and will be disqualified.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Fifteen (15) winners, subject to verification, will be chosen on or about May 23, 2012 by Sponsor, whose decisions regarding Sweepstakes matters are final and binding, from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period from both entry methods. Potential winners will be notified via direct message to the winner's Twitter ID as recorded in the winner's Twitter account or at the email submitted if entered through the blog submission. If a potential winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, prize may be awarded to the minor's parent/legal guardian. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Twitter account information, email, mailing address and/or contact information of entrants.
5. CONTENT GUIDELINES: Entries: must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been published previously; must not infringe third-party rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations or the Twitter.com Terms of Service; may not contain any reference to any third party trademarks, names or third party logos (other than as owned by the Entrant) or any copyrighted components (other than as owned by the Entrant); and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses. All Entries may be reviewed for content. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any Entry you submit. Entries containing any such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what Entries are eligible to take part in this Sweepstakes.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR'S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR'S DISCRETION. Submission of an Entry grants Sponsor and its agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such Entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant, whether or not such submission is selected as a winning Entry. By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation, that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: In the event of noncompliance, if the winner cannot be reached at the e-mail address or telephone number submitted with entry, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. No alternative or substitution of any prizes will be offered. No prize transfer permitted. Limit one (1) prize per person/household. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of MasterCard, which are final and binding in all respects. All taxes and fees on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winners. By participating and accepting a prize, so long as there is no legal prohibition, winner agrees to the use of his/her name for advertising or publicity purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to him/her relating to MasterCard or this Sweepstakes, and releases any and all rights to said use without further compensation. Registrations received from any persons or email addresses in excess of the stated limitation will be void. MasterCard is not responsible for lost, late or illegible entries. Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) electronic transmissions or entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected or not received by the Sponsor or its agents for any reason, (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries (iii) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software or telephone transmissions, damage to entrants' or any person's computer or cell phone and/or its contents, or causes beyond Released Parties' reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes: (iv) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these rules (all such entries disqualified); (v) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or (vi) any typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of a prize. If for any reason this Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Released Parties reserve the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. If Sweepstakes is terminated before the original end date, Sponsor will select the winners by random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect Entries received as of the termination time/date. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the participating stations' websites or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method that is prohibited under these rules. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. PRIZE AND ODDS OF WINNING: Each winner will receive one (1) fifty ($50) dollar prepaid MasterCard card. Cards are subject to terms, conditions and restrictions as set forth on the card. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Winners will be selected in accordance with Section 4 of these Official Rules. Please allow 4-6 weeks after verification for shipment of prize.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: As a condition of participating, participants (or their parent or legal guardian if an eligible minor) agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release Released Parties from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, (b) that under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court. By entering, entrants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for New York City, New York.
9. WINNER LIST: For winner's name, city & state, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked within thirty (30) days of Sweepstakes close to: Marcy Cohen, MasterCard Worldwide, 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY 10577-2509.
10. SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR: MasterCard Worldwide, 2000 Purchase Street, Purchase, NY 10577-2509.