With a little back end set up, you could be reaping the benefits of having your customers set for recurring payments – plus your customers’ experiences are seamless.
How the MasterCard® Automatic Billing Updater works
Six Easy Steps:
- Participating issuers submit MasterCard account changes to the Automatic Billing Updater database.
- Merchants who have registered for the program submit account number queries to their acquirers.
- Acquirers submit these account queries to the MasterCard Automatic Billing Updater database.
- MasterCard matches account queries to issuer submissions, then returns matches to acquirers.
- Acquirers return matched account query records to the specific merchants.
- Merchants can then update their billing files with the changed account information.