MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction: $39,000 Raised for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
Canadians bid for Tickets to a Stanley Cup™ Final Game, Golf Day with Bobby Orr and Private Box at the Air Canada Centre
Toronto, April 3, 2007– How much would you pay for a skills session with an NHL® hockey player or a chance to play golf with Bobby Orr at the Canadian Open? Bidding at the MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction is now closed and Canada has raised over $19,000 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. MasterCard Canada has matched all bids, donating more than $19,000, bringing the total donation to over $39,000.
“MasterCard Canada is proud Canadians opened their wallets for a chance to win priceless hockey memorabilia and experiences,” said Tammy Scott, Vice President, Brand Marketing, MasterCard Canada. “Celebrating Canada’s favourite past time helped raise the bids – and money – for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.”
The MasterCard priceless hockey auction included 10 priceless hockey experiences and memorabilia that were available for auction at eBay.ca/priceless. All proceeds raised will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada:
- One pair of tickets to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup™ Final;
- Exclusive Hockey Hall of Fame package – eight tickets to a backstage tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame including a private viewing and photo opportunity with the Stanley Cup™;
- NHL executive for the day – tour of the downtown Toronto NHL headquarters, dinner with an NHL® executive and tickets to watch the game from NHL® exclusive seats;
- Skills Session with an NHL® Player – on ice practice session and drills with an NHL player, pose for pictures and private question and answer period;
- Vintage autographed Captains Jerseys – Six vintage jerseys: Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, and Edmonton Oilers, signed by the 2006-2007 captains of each team;
- Backstage with CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada – VIP tour for you and a friend to the Hockey Night in Canada studio in Toronto, including a visit to the production truck, booth and studio. Mingle with crew members and receive an autographed jersey from hockey icons Ron and Don;
- Private Box at the Air Canada Centre – 12 tickets to a suite for a 2007/2008 NHL® season game, complete with catering;
- MasterCard Memorial Cup Tickets & Backstage Tour – Four tickets to the 2007 MasterCard Memorial Cup Final game in Vancouver and backstage tour of the Pacific Coliseum;
- Ultimate NHL® Fan Experience – Two red club seats at a Leaf game, dinner package, backstage arena tour prior to the game, and signed hockey jersey;
- Golf Day with Bobby Orr at The Canadian Open – You and a friend play golf with Bobby Orr and a PGA Tour professional at the Canadian Open on July 25 in Markham, Ontario, also includes lunch with Bobby after the game.
For full prizing details, please visit www.mastercard.ca.
“Thank you to our friends at MasterCard Canada for their creativity and generosity – we’re thrilled that the Priceless Hockey Auction was so well received by Canada,” said Bruce MacDonald, President and CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. “And here’s to everyone who stepped forward with a bid to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada.”
About MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard Worldwide advances global commerce by providing a critical economic link among financial institutions, businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide. As a franchisor, processor and advisor, MasterCard develops and markets payment solutions, processes over 16 billion transactions each year, and provides industry-leading analysis and consulting services to financial institution customers and merchants. Through its family of brands, including MasterCard®, Maestro® and Cirrus®, MasterCard serves consumers and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. For more information go to http://www.mastercard.com.
Jill Anzarut or Olivia Yu
416-969-2708 or 416-969-2718