Let the Bidding Begin: MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction to Raise Funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada
Tickets to the Stanley CupTM Finals; Skills Session with an NHL® player, Golf with Bobby Orr
among the priceless experiences and memorabilia available at eBay.ca/priceless
Toronto, March 22, 2007 – How much would you pay for a skills session with an NHL® hockey player? What’s the value of playing in a foursome with Bobby Orr at the Canadian Open? The MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction includes 10 priceless hockey experiences and memorabilia available for auction at eBay.ca/priceless. All proceeds raised will be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada, with a matching donation to be made by MasterCard Canada*. Prizes include: one pair of tickets to a Stanley Cup™ Final game, backstage and VIP access to CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada, golf day with Bobby Orr at the Canadian Open, and others.
“The MasterCard Priceless Auction brings together two of our greatest passions: hockey and charity,” said Tammy Scott, Vice President, Brand Marketing, MasterCard Canada. “Hockey fans across the country have a chance to bid on – and win – priceless hockey experiences and memorabilia. We’re challenging Canadians to put their best bid forward to help raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada – and MasterCard Canada will match the winning bids.”
The MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction is live today and will continue until 9:00 pm ET on March 28, 2007. Bidding and participation is open to legal residents of Canada who are over the age of majority in their province or territory of residence.
MasterCard Canada has created 10 priceless hockey experiences and memorabilia available for auction at eBay.ca/priceless, and they are:
- One pair of tickets to Game 1 of the Stanley Cup™ Final;
- Exclusive Hockey Hall of Fame package – eight tickets to a backstage tour of the Hockey Hall of Fame including a private viewing and photo opportunity with the Stanley Cup™;
- NHL executive for the day – tour of the downtown Toronto NHL headquarters, dinner with an NHL® executive and tickets to watch the game from NHL® exclusive seats;
- Skills Session with an NHL® Player – on ice practice session and drills with an NHL player, pose for pictures and private question and answer period;
- Vintage autographed Captains Jerseys – Six vintage jerseys: Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, Ottawa Senators, Calgary Flames, Vancouver Canucks, and Edmonton Oilers, signed by the 2006-2007 captains of each team;
- Backstage with CBC’s Hockey Night in Canada – VIP tour for you and a friend to the Hockey Night in Canada studio in Toronto, including a visit to the production truck, booth and studio. Mingle with crew members and receive an autographed jersey from hockey icons Ron and Don;
- Private Box at the Air Canada Centre – 12 tickets to a suite for a 2007/2008 NHL® season game, complete with catering;
- MasterCard Memorial Cup Tickets & Backstage Tour – Four tickets to the 2007 MasterCard Memorial Cup Final game in Vancouver and backstage tour of the Pacific Coliseum;
- Ultimate NHL® Fan Experience – Two red club seats at a Leaf game, dinner package, backstage arena tour prior to the game, and signed hockey jersey;
- Golf Day with Bobby Orr at The Canadian Open – You and a friend play golf with Bobby Orr and a PGA Tour professional at the Canadian Open on July 25 in Markham, Ontario, also includes lunch with Bobby after the game.
For full prizing details, please visit www.mastercard.ca.
“This is a chance for MasterCard to say: thanks for your support, Canada,” said Bruce MacDonald, President and CEO, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada. “Canadians have a chance to give to Big Brothers Big Sisters, and in exchange, they walk away with a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We’re absolutely thrilled to be benefiting from MasterCard’s generosity – and creativity – with the MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction - a new twist on a classic fundraising approach.”
The bidding closes at 9:00 pm ET on March 28, 2007. All winners will be contacted on March 29. Prizing fulfillment varies depending on the prize won. For full contest details, please visit www.mastercard.ca.
The MasterCard Priceless Hockey Auction is part of Canada Goes to the Cup, a national promotion for MasterCard cardholders. Every time a cardholder uses their MasterCard between March 1 and April 30, 2007, they are automatically entered to win one of 13 trips for two to a 2007 Stanley Cup™ Final game — one trip for each province and territory in Canada.
In addition, to celebrate Canadian influence on hockey, an interactive website has been developed at www.mastercard.ca. To learn more about Canadians in the NHL, click on the map of North America to find out how many Canadians play for each NHL team. Promotional activities and online creative was done by Armstrong Partnership LP. Public relations activities are being executed by Environics Communications.
About MasterCard Worldwide
MasterCard Worldwide advances global commerce by providing a critical economic link among financial institutions, businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide. As a franchisor, processor and advisor, MasterCard develops and markets payment solutions, processes over 16 billion transactions each year, and provides industry-leading analysis and consulting services to financial institution customers and merchants. Through its family of brands, including MasterCard®, Maestro® and Cirrus®, MasterCard serves consumers and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. For more information go to http://www.mastercard.com.
Jill Anzarut or Olivia Yu
416-969-2708 or 416-969-2718